Clear Away Snow and Ice
You Must Protect Your Natural Gas Meter This Winter. Here Are Some Tips:
- Know where your gas meter is.
- Keep your meter free of snow and ice buildup by using a broom or by hand. Never use a shovel. Never shovel snow up against your gas meter.
- Take care when operating a snowplow or a snowblower in the vicinity of your gas meter. Never bury your meter or vents when removing snow.
- Keep your meter’s regulator and overflow valve clear to ensure it functions properly (circled in white on the photo).
- Keep your exhaust vents clear to ensure your gas-operated appliances operate safely.
- Prevent heavy snow or ice from falling on your meter from overhead.
- Maintain a clear path to the meter.
- If you suspect any damage to your natural gas meter call us immediately to report it.
To report a leak, contact us immediately by calling: 888-933-9743.
North Dakota One Call
Are you utilizing the North Dakota One Call or 811 system? You must call in locates at least two business days prior to doing any digging on your property. By following this important step, you will prevent service interruption for both you and your neighbors.
As you are spring cleaning, take a few minutes to clean around your furnace and water heater! Never store rags, boxes, newspaper, chemicals or paint cans around these appliances.