We Are Here To Help
Don’t wait until you receive a disconnection/shut-off notice or your natural gas service has been disconnected.
Residential customers have a legal right to protect their heating source. Learn more about natural gas disconnection in North Dakota .
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps qualified households pay for heat bills and furnace repairs. Some households may also qualify for additional funds to prevent a utility service disconnection. Some benefits include:
- Funds are available for renters and homeowners.
- Program eligibility is based on income guidelines. Households earning at or below 50% of the state median income are eligible.
- The amount of an energy assistance grant is based on household size, income, fuel type, and energy usage.
- Tips on how to heat your home efficiently and safely.
- It offers crisis help for utility disconnections, and emergency heating system repair or replacement.
For information, visit the North Dakota State Government LIHEAP information page.
ND Housing Help
North Dakota renters and homeowners, get the financial assistance information you need. If you are a renter struggling to pay rent or utilities, or a homeowner at risk of housing instability due to financial issues, visit: https://www.applyforhelp.nd.gov/housing to learn more.